Recovering is not just about the weight. Recovering is fighting for your actual life back as well. Fighting a nasty disorder brings out a whole new person. You might not be the same person you were before but it’s because you have gone through a life changing situation. Nothing in the world wrong with that- take what you know and use that knowledge to make you a better person.
Awesome Recovery Perks:
- Strong, shiny hair
- Being able to have a genuine smile and laugh
- Curves are hot, Bones are not!
- A face full of life and color
- Double D’s and juicy doubles (lol….. sadly not for me)
- Not having to set the house to 80 F to feel warm
- Better sleep and sleeping In
- My period! (almost there)
- Not spending hours of your day worrying about food and working out
- Developing relationships
- Loving your body
- Spontaneous meals
- Walking up the stairs without feeling like you are dying
- Shaving arm pits because they were too concave before
- You heal so much faster!
- You are able to tan- being nutrient and vitamin deficient from unproper nutrition makes it impossible to get a nice tan (vitamin D)
- Creativity. I totally lost the will to get creative and do productive things that made me happy
- Motivation. I don’t always feel motivated but when I am, I am more able to do the task right.
- Shopping is…. FUN? YES! Body confidence is tricky but you know how amazing it is to try on clothes and it actually fits instead of making you feel more sad. Empowering.
I know there are far more spectacular things I probably didn’t mention but these are definitely positive perks I have discovered by sticking to recovery. It wasn’t easy at all, but nothing ever truly worth it is a piece of cake (pun intended). It can be difficult to remember all the amazing things you are gaining when it seems like the weight is the only thing but I promise you it’s not! You are becoming more and more beautiful the closer you get to healthy. ❤