I haven’t had a big bowl of pasta in such a long time! Besides my mom’s homemade spaghetti of course. That needed to change and cravings were loud so pasta is what was on the menu!
I found an old family recipe for chicken pasta but wanted to alter it a bit and change a few things.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts; cubed
- 15-20 asparagus spears
- 1/2 box whole grain spaghetti
- 3-4 T olive oil
- Handfuls of fresh spinach
- Lots of cherry tomatoes sliced in half (I eye-balled it)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (I just used Kraft)
- Minced garlic (way easier than chopping up cloves)
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- Dried basil and Parsley
Preheat oven to 425 F. On aluminum foil, lay out asparagus spears and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes, set aside, then chop into thirds.
(picture before baked)
Now for the chicken!
Cut into cubes
In a large saucepan, brown cubed chicken until almost done, then add cherry tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, asparagus, about 2 T minced garlic and all the seasonings. Cook until chicken is done and everything looks well combines.
Then combine the cooked pasta and parmesan to the chicken mixture. Add more olive oil if it looks too dry.
Top with more cheese (yes) and serve!
Makes 5-6 servings.