When you have overly ripe bananas, don’t throw them away! I hate wasting food because that equals wasting money. You could make some amazing banana bread because it will:
1) make the house smell delicious
2) it will make your tummy happy
3) treat yoself 😉
This bread is also full of healthy fats from the coconut oil. Studies show that in moderation, coconut oil can help boost energy, fight off infections from the lauric acid, and lower risk of heart disease.
- 2 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 scoops Lean Body For Her Chocolate Whey
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 T baking stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking power
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash bananas, then add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients then add to the wet mixture.
- Pour batter into a well sprayed loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Makes 9 slices!
You can also use vanilla or cinnamon protein powder and I’m sure it will taste great 🙂
Lasts about 3-4 days in the fridge.